Nothing says Spring like a perfect pair of white jeans. They refresh any blouse, sweater, or top combo into a breezy warm weather look. While I love the crisp look of white denim, even after labor day, there’s an art to finding the perfect pair. I could never find ones that were both comfortable and flattering for my body type, but after trying on dozens of styles, fits and brands, I’ve figured out what works best for me.
Given my petite, somewhat athletic build, my ideal pair are stretch-free with a cropped cut, and mid-rise, hitting just below the navel, allowing me to tuck in any shirt or wear tops with a cropped hem. They had to be straight leg—definitely not skinny—with that almost sporty, unfussy appeal about them that managed to flatter every curve. They need to be thick without being too thick… please don’t let this be an indication of my personality type, I just know what I want in a pair a jeans.
In my search, here is a list of brands and styles that met the above requirements:
- Levi‘s – Mile High Skinny Jean (Ankle), $98 || The fit, price and quality make Levi’s an all-around great option that get better with time. This pair has a longer cropped hem.
- Everlane – The Mid-Rise Skinny Jean (Ankle), $68 || I’ve never found a pair of white denim that I love so much! They are the perfect amount of thickness and insanely affordable.
- AG – The Isabelle High Waist Straight Leg (Crop), $205 || A bit of a splurge, but worth every penny! A straight-leg fit that’s ultra slimming, yet comfy with a fun raw edge, crop hem.
- GRLFRND – Helena High Straight Jean (Crop), $228 || GRLFRND denim, an exclusive line of Revolve and made in LA, is the holy grail of denim. This is my FOURTH PAIR!!!
My long time friend and fellow blogger, Zelle Wiggins, who writes Southern Style Blog, recently opened ZIA Boutique in her hometown, Wilmington, NC. Both the top (here) and earrings (here) worn in today’s post are from ZIA, and are among so many other beautiful things offered in store and on ZIA’s site. I am in love with the beautiful soft pink and peplum hem Rowan Top, the Freya Top and the crisp white Fernanda Ruffle Top. I’m also dying over over this soft blue beauty and the Catch Me Lace Mini dress that closely resembles a Self Portrait design for a fraction of the cost!
To accessorize this look I went with a fun oxblood wedge and matching bucket bag. Allie, with The Bag Minimalist, recently gifted me this beautiful bag. Her collection is filled with quality, structured pieces that are elegant and simple in design, hence the name. You can shop her Etsy collection, here.
I hope you found today’s post helpful in your search for the perfect white denim! 🙂 If you have any favorite brands that you recommend, please share them in the comments below. I’m always curious to see what brands/ styles/ fit people love most. As we approach wedding and shower season, I hope you consider ZIA Boutique when searching for the perfect dress, top or skirt. Those who follow me on Instagram may remember seeing me post about a recent trip to Charlottesville, VA girlfriends and fellow bloggers Shelby and Zelle (who I mentioned above owns ZIA); we had a wonderful time and I will be detailing our trip later this week on Style Souffle.
– CLICK IMAGE FOR DETAILS –