Each year Pantone bestows upon a hue the title, “color of the year.” For 2015, the color experts chose marsala, a shade I’ve grown to love this Fall. I’ve tried to incorporate it into my wardrobe and beauty routine this season, and have found that it is a flattering color on everyone!
To add a bit of contract, I chose black velvet pants (basically yoga pants with pockets; yes they are that comfortable) and solid black accessories. These AG pants sold out almost immediately during Black Friday, but I luckily I found them, here. I found a similar, somewhat less expensive pair at Nordstrom’s also.
CLICK LINKS/ IMAGES BELOW:
It goes without saying that the holiday season is a crowd favorite. Spirits are merrier and families feel closer. One tradition that I look most forward to each year is baking with my mom! So, to spice up (pun intended) today’s outfit post, I thought I would share our favorite thing to bake together each Christmas: Coconut Chocolate Chic Cookies. It’s my Great Grandmother’s original recipe!
Today also happens to be #NationalCookieDay (there is a national day for everything, right?), so to celebrate I’ve teamed up with a few of my favorite bloggers to do a virtual cookie swap! See below for recipe details, and be sure to head over to Classy South Blog next to see what Corbin is baking up!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almost extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon backing soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips, and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased backing sheets. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before remaking from pans to plate.
I hope enjoy this delicious recipe, and let me know if you end up making these scrumptious delights!