Sure a dress is comfortable (those who read my blog know I am partial to a great dress), but nothing quite compares to a great, relaxed pair of denim. At this years Southern Blog Society conference I was introduced to DL 1961 Premium Denim, where is was gifted the most amazing pair of distressed denim. They have the right amount of slouch while still remaining flattering to my shape.
Also, I have included a few tips below on the kind of details to look for when buying new denim:
- Distressed: I love distressed details because it makes your denim feel more worn-in and like you’ve owned it for years!
- Washes: Probably the first thing I look for when buying any kind of denim. It needs to be the right wash- no harsh lines or any green tones! I always stick to soft blues that look a bit faded, or professional dark washes!
- Rips: Definitely my favorite thing for jeans! Rips on the knees are the coolest detail whether it’s skinny or boyfriend jeans! It adds such a cool, effortless flair that you definitely want to have in your look!
- Length: I’m real particular about my denim, especially when it comes to jeans. I like to have them come right above my ankles! Stick to what compliments your body type. I know that for me, wearing jeans right about my ankle feels good and helps elongate my legs a bit! Find a good tailor to go-to so that they can fix your pieces to fit you perfectly! Nordstroms does a great job!
- Frayed edges: This is such an important detail to consider when it comes to cut-off shorts! The more frayed the better!
- Patches: Have fun and buy some already with patches, or add some of your own for a more unique look!